Injustice for All

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Final Furlong

Well, tomorrow is my last day of actual classes for Fall 2L. It's my long day, so entails IP, Con Law II and Entertainment Law. And I'm stressed.

I think I got precisely the same score as I did last year on this prof's midterm. The good news is that despite me doing average on the midterm last year, I rocked the final and ended up scoring in the top 15% of the class. Not saying I will do that again. But it gives me hope. It's weird because I obviously understand the black letter and am one of the people in class who constantly participates in discussion about relating the law to modern times or other cases. I don't think I could have studied any harder than I did. But every year, I get an average grade. Hrmm. I try to assuage myself by thinking, "In the real world, no one asks you to IRAC something in 1.5 hours." Or at least I hope they don't.

I think the class that has me the most concerned is Entertainment Law. IP has me concerned slightly, too, but as long as I can memorize factors and basics from Patent, Copyright and Lanham Acts, I will be all right. But i have NO idea what to expect in Ent Law! There is some crossover from IP which may be my saving grace, since I will already have memorized those bits. I have IP and Ent Law on consecutive days. BLEAH. Dec 20th and 21st respectively. I dunno. I'm taking lots of homeopathic stress meds to combat my anxiety.

Today we don't have class because they are holding the Cal bar swearing in at our school. I slept for 9 hours and it felt grand. I am planning on going to the gym and then off to Sweethearts of the Rodeo at Molly's in order to have one final fun nite before I disappear for the next 3 weeks into the study hole. I always feel like Fall semester is more difficult. Maybe because of all the holidays and it seems like it's over more quickly. I don't think it is, technically, but it just feels like it. I also think you take the first 2 weeks of the semester just to combat your summer lethargy.

I still don't have a summer job which is adding stress to my already mountainous pile. I did interview with a licensing firm on Monday for a possible part-time position next semester. But they weren't sure if there would be anything. I garnered the interview thru Graham in Career services. Turns out he helped this fellow get the job HE has and he sort of owed him one. Great guy and I think the job could be fun and cool. My friend Gilda already works there, so that would be additionally swell to have a friend in-house. Think good thoughts. He said they would be making their decisions for Spring semester before Christmas. I could really use this.

If I don't get it, I'll be surfing Emplawyernet for a clerk position. Who knows where I'll end up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home