Injustice for All

Sunday, September 25, 2005

High Anxiety

I still haven't heard from the second firm from OCI, despite my friend from the firm saying they were going to call me. I had hoped to hear on Friday, but no call. I even changed my voice mail so that it's more professional sounding (removed the Radiohead music in the background). ::sigh:: Hope they call.

Being in my final year of law school is obviously having an effect on me. Tho I seem calm, every nite I dream about the law. I dream I'm explaining the law to someone and I get it wrong. I dream I'm taking the LSAT all over again (gah) and I can't finish in time. I dream I'm taking a final and I've never gone to class. Gah. Even my regular dreams seem to be about fear and anxiety. I dreamt a little boy was drowned in a pool owned by my parents and I jumped in the pool and resuscitated him. He was all right, but was dead for a second. Boy = my law career?

If this job with OCI firm #2 indeed does not work out, the onslaught of cold resumes will begin. I figured it wasn't entirely worth sending them out during OCI, since recruiters have their hands full with the resumes they got thru the program. But I should probably start sending them out no later than the first week of October, right?

I had to turn in my paper topic for Law & Pop Culture last week. I'm writing on the effect TV shows, Court TV and the media have on jury deliberation and outcomes. I saw my friend Laura Ingle last nite and asked if she would contribute some quotes and information for it. She covered the Scott Peterson and Michael Jackson trials and had the opportunity to talk to jurors from both. She is moving to Dallas in a week to be a reporter for Fox there. I'll miss her, but she was always so busy, I barely saw her anyway!

Gotta get to studying and have to turn in my paper bibliography this week. I'm supposed to go to a CAA party on Thursday nite. Free booze, YAY! Should be a nice ending to a long week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home