Injustice for All

Friday, May 13, 2005

The Last day of the First Day of the rest of law school

Well, I've made it to this: the last official day of my 2L year. I have my Crim Pro (4 hour) exam at 1 p.m. I studied quite a bit for this, plus found the subject matter pretty interesting, so I'm HOPING to do all right. You never really know with this stuff, tho.

I stayed up later than I'd hoped doing a case list, because I spent the day yesterday doing the practice questions in the Emanuels I borrowed. So last nite, realizing I am SO BAD with names, I basically just made a list of cases by Amendment and one-liners to help remember them. I literally woke up this morning with things like "Caballes = dogsniffs not a search" and "Dow = aerial surveillance" and "Katz = phone booth REOP" running thru my head. If you haven't taken Crim Pro, none of that means anything to you. If you have, I probably just gave you hives.

I'm trying to do mnemonics right now to help myself. Like, for example, there is a case about Ineffective Assistance of Counsel called "Nix" which is an exception to Cronic (which I love the name of cuz I always imagine Snoop Dogg tokin on a fattie) where a defendant cannot claim ineffective assistance of counsel by conflict of interest where he told his lawyer he was going to perjure himself and lawyer told the judge. I remember it like this: Nixon was a liar. Nix = perjury. Nice, eh?

I also have one for the "beeper" cases: Knotts and Karo. I just made up the phrase "Knott's Karo Beeper" as a takeoff on Knotts Berry Farm. I'm strange. But this shit works for me.

I will post when this is all over and hopefully the post won't begin..."What the hell have I done?"

WISH ME LUCK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home