Injustice for All

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Who needs to be Ethical anyway?

As I've posted elsewhere, I did not receive the grade in Ethical Lawyering that I thought I would. I'm pissed, honestly. I studied super hard for the final and went in there really feeling like I had a handle on the Model & Cal Rules. I also felt like my partner and I did an OK job on our oral presentation and we worked our butts off on the paper. In fact, I'm quite certain we worked harder than most people. I don't know where it all went wrong...but it did. I didn't FAIL (thank God), but I was 1 point below the mean. Which is FINE, but not what I was hoping for to bring my GPA up this year. Now I'm going to have to score well above the mean in my 3 other classes in order to make up for that and bring up my GPA. I just don't know if that's going to happen. I thought Eth Law would be one of my good grades.

This is the most surprised I've been about a grade since my Crim Law grade. And that was partly due to a proctor error. I don't know what this is due to, honestly. I really don't. And since I thought this would be my best final...and it turned out badly, I don't have much hope for the other 3. Let's think good thoughts...and maybe, somehow, the curve pulled me out on the others. Grades don't really bother me. But since I found out that the legal community are complete WHORES for grades, I thought if I could at least get onto the Dean's List, it would be better than merely "Top 30%" which seems to have gotten me bupkiss.

Anyway...I'm trying not to freak out about it. Because I sort of KNOW I will end up getting a job somehow, somewhere...even if I'm top 30%. But that grade still hurt. Darnit.

In other news, I've been working on the prof's research project. The first chapter took me WAY longer than I imagined and I'm now a little worried about being able to finish in time. I am at least onto Chapter 2, Subsequent Remedial Measures, and did a pretty good search on Lexis. I'm not sure how much more I can drum up on the subject...so hopefully, it will go somewhat faster than Chapter 1. It's hard to sit here researching for hours and hours at a time. Hard on my back and my eyes. I need a real desk and real desk chair. Oh where is my massage chair?

Have postponed looking for a job until after this research thing because honestly if I do anything else right now...I won't finish in time.

1 Comments:

  • In law school the only way to get a good grade in ethics is to cheat ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home