Injustice for All

Thursday, September 08, 2005

1st OCI of 3L

Had my first interview of 3L today with a fairly large (and rather FAMOUS) firm in town. The interviewer was both a grad of my school AND a non-trad student (she had been an actress in NYC for 9 years before going back to law school). I really liked her. She was laid back, but you could tell she was a viper in the courtroom.

Several times during the interview she said "Kicked ass." As in, "I decided to work for this firm because I didn't want there to be a glass ceiling. The women who work at this firm are pretty, intelligent and kick major ass." Love it.

The firm itself has a fair amount of prestige in this city and I don't know that I really have a shot at an offer. But, they asked to see me despite not being really within their hiring criteria, which isn't too shabby, right? I only have one other interview and it's next week. At the end of the interview, she told me to just keep perservering and never underestimate myself. As I walked out, she said "And keep kicking ass!"
Love her.

My RA professor has been a dream to work for and despite me being a total loser and not finishing the second project he gave me, he still loves me. I had to fly up and take care of my mother right before going back to school and that was when I had originally planned to work on the project. He was very understanding. I really want to get it done this weekend, so he doesn't lose respect for me.

In other news, I "won" the contest at school to name the Katrina Relief effort we're mounting. It's a candygram sale, so I suggested "Sweet Relief." Apparently, so did someone else. The "prize" was $50 which they split between us. I asked them to just put my portion back into the relief effort. Obviously, Katrina victims need it way more than I do. I'd just blow it on sushi, anyway.

I also donated $25 to the Humane Society (see previous post) to help them rescue and take care of all of the abandoned animals. Many people were unable to take their pets with them when they were evacuated and the Humane Society and others are rescuing new pets every day. Help them, if you can.

Gotta get reading my Antitrust homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home