Injustice for All

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Waiting for your letter...

I thought I'd use a title of one of Cary Brothers' new song for this post. Give him a little love while I'm whining.

I had my callback with the firm on Tuesday. I met with 2 partners (including the managing partner of the LA office), an associate and a senior associate. I liked everyone. I felt like the meetings all went well...but you just don't know. Everyone was really laid back and intelligent. They asked me about both business and non-businessy things and I tried to keep eye contact with everyone and be enthusiastic and poised. It's a casual office, so I was the only one in a suit, but that's OK. I felt like a million bucks in it having just gotten it tailored and I was carrying my hand-me-down Armani handbag from Sam.

The recruiter told me they had one more interview-callback the following day and would be making their decision by week's end. I didn't hear from them on Friday, which worries me slightly, but Thursday was a firm holiday (Yom Kippur), so it is possible they didn't make their decision yet. Last time, I was told I would be called by Friday and they called Monday nite. So here's hoping the silence doesn't mean they hated me.

I'm really really nervous because I loved the firm and the people and it seems like the work would be incredible (1st Amendment defense stuff). Also sounds like they might throw me right into litigation. WHEE!

For anyone reading this, please think "offer" thoughts for me tomorrow (and possibly Tuesday). I really want this. And think I would be great at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home