Injustice for All

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

And on the second day...

I've made it thru the first two days of class and have to say, I'm liking this semester better than last ALREADY! While Business Associations is a bit dry, it's being taught by my faculty advisor for OutLaw, so I went in knowing she was cool. She actually had us read an article on the Disney-Ovitz disaster as well as an article on the Dalkon Shield and the plea from the judge to the principals of that company. Coulda been a lot worse. She also let us out early as she said until people get settled into their classes (after add/drop), it's difficult to do too much crazy stuff. That will start on Thursday!

I was done with class by 10 and then mailed some books out that I sold on Half.com. Was going to go to the gym, but it was still pouring and pouring yesterday and I just decided to stay in and read.
Today, I had Crim Pro and Ethical Lawyering. I like my Crim Pro prof so far -- she's an ex-Federal Defense attorney which is pretty cool and has some vehement opinions about the U.S. criminal justice system. I have a 3 hour break between classes, so I picked up my loan check, went to Staples and mailed out another Half.com book. I'm quite pleased with how many books I've sold in 1 week. Gets them out of my house at least.

I got all professional and bought book boxes, bubble wrap and invoice envelopes. I also learned that I should be sending with delivery confirmation so someone doesn't shaft me by saying they never got my shipment! I have another book to ship out tomorrow. Whee.

Ethical Lawyering was pretty good. We watched clips from The Practice, Anatomy of a Murder and a couple of news shows abou lawyers. She seems cool. I hope she ends up being so.
A friend from 1L is in my class and mentioned he would like to do the partner assignment with me because I'm a "great communicator." Wow. That was a really nice thing to say. It's possible this blog doesn't reflect this...or that he's just easily impressed. But it still made me feel good.

In other funny news, my friend Brian yelled in the middle of Crim Pro (after I told him I date on Thursday nite with someone from school) "You're dating Prof Evidence!"
Note: Prof Evidence is MARRIED with Children. While I have a crush on him, yes, it is a harmless schoolgirl crush that I would never act on and doubt he would either. Despite our emailing about music and books. All very platonic and harmless. Anyway, I had to yell back "I am NOT dating Professor Evidence!!!!' I really don't want that getting around. Just awful. So now, of course, all of my friends are dying to know who it is I am dating. Let them wonder. In the mean time, date boy and I spent several hours text messaging while I was running errands = DORKS.

My mom told me she watched this thing on the Biography channel last nite on Leonard Peltier. I know quite a bit about him actually, since my friend Tom was very involved in trying to get him released and Rage even had a song about him. In addition, I took Native American Studies in college (yes, in the late 80's, early 90's -- oof) and we watched Incident at Oglala. Talking to my mom reminded me about that, so I recommended she get that DVD. My mom can be pretty cool for a 66 year old gal from Marion, Indiana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home