Injustice for All

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Not as dumb as I thought I was

SO it turns out I did pretty well last semester. Especially when you consider how I rarely kept up with the reading for one of my classes and literally studied for 2 days for Con law II. Obviously, I learned something from 1L about what and how to study. Phew.

I'm up to date on my Business Association reading for tomorrow and started reading the E&E today on Agency. Figured it couldn't hurt to have some back-up info for class tomorrw.

I spent the nite with Ian last nite and am still wavering about how I feel about him. I've written about this ad nauseum on my other blog, so I won't bore the 2 "Injustice" readers with the details. But I still don't know how I feel...and am trying to figure out if it's him...me...or the fact that I haven't had a boyfriend in a long time. Hmmm.

We watched Garden State last nite and I was excited to see my friend Michael Weston as the cop. I didn't realize he was in the movie, so that was a nice surprise. I wrote my friend Cary a little text message when his song came on in the movie. I wish it wouldn't have been so far in the background, but still cool.

Cary is actually playing a show at Sundance on the 27th, so if any of y'all happen to be trekking out there, go to Suede on the 27th and see Cary along with Jason Mraz, Joe Purdy, Ian Ball of Gomez, Jim Bianco, Butch Walker, Alexi Murdoch and more...More info available HERE.

I'm really proud of Cary. He put out his record by himself and was able to capitalize on the reach of the Garden State soundtrack to get fans. Now, playing at Sundance, hopefully some new converts to the CB fan base. I miss him. We never hang out any more...probably mostly my fauly thanks to law school getting in the way of my LIFE.
::sigh::

Do I think the reason I'm not sure about Ian is because I'm somehow carrying around my crush on Cary??? Even tho I think we are just destined to be great friends and nothing more? Or is it deeper than that? Comparisons to boyfriends past?

In other news, when Liz was out here, she played me M.I.A's new record on XL. It's so awesome. That girl has a great sound. She's originally from Sri Lanka so she is doing a benefit show here in LA at the Knitting Factory on the 3rd for the Tsunami Relief Fund. I might try to go...I'd like to see how she is live.

My friend Jen sent me an hilarious cd called Sabbath in the Suburbs: A Lounge Tribute to Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath. AWESOME. Kitschy and the joke wears out fast...but I love the Salsa version of "Ironman."

Well...back to E&E Agency and then into my new 400 TC sheets. Yum.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home