Injustice for All

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Detour

Well, searing back pain yesterday put a bit of a wrench in my studying game plan. I almost had to postpone taking my exam today...but I just wanted it to be over, honestly. So I did everything in my power to get my back to a point I could sit for 3.5 hours and take the exam. I learned I can massage my own back if I need to (tho I almost dislocated my shoulder doing it) to work thru the muscle spasms. I took a lot of Advil, hot baths and used all kinds of Flexall, Icy Hot and both a heating bad and blue ice alternatingly. I was able to at least go thru my Flash Cards once and still make it to the exam with time to spare. My grasp of the actual elements of each rule were kind of shaky since my brain was a little addled from all the Advil (Advilled?) and I had sort of a traumatic day yesterday. I honestly was really scared because I couldn't MOVE AT ALL when the spasms kicked in and it felt like someone sticking a knife in my back and then twisting it every few seconds.

I'm pretty proud of myself for even taking the exam, honestly. But I really am a fighter. I've been thru way more pain then this and somehow made it thru.

Unfortunately, I also lost part of my Crim Pro study time to the back spasms. So, probably can't do a real outline, but will have to figure out SOME way to study effectively for 2.5 days. I'm worried about my back and sitting for that long each day...so might have to sit on the couch with the heating pad for part of it.

I had to take tonite off because my brain was just dead. I'm off to take another bath and then do some stretching. Wish me luck on the final final.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home