Injustice for All

Monday, May 09, 2005

When will this be over???

I haven't even really started studying for Crim Pro yet -- unless you count printing out my notes, Matt's outline and reading thru the prof's Q&A sessions. I had to take a huge chunk of my day on Thursday to do the MONTH of laundry that's been piling up and then spent the evening with P. Friday, I ran a bunch of errands, studied and went out with Liz for my birthday. I actually came home and studied some more, tho. But was exhausted by midnite.

Yesterday, I studied Torts II all day, went to dinner with my Aunt & Uncle and then studied a but more until I was literally falling asleep at my computer by 11 p.m. Today, I've been making flash cards for Torts and reading the RS rules and comparing them to the Cal Rules. I liked my Torts II prof, but he's sort of all over the place and I realized my notes don't make the most sense EVER. So the making of the flash cards is kind of tedious because I have things written like "Cal overruled this in 43 CalApp 3d 1267" and then when I look up the citation, it's not right. And I can't figure out where it's wrong and the parties I have written down don't bring anything up. Eeek.

I've made flash cards thru Week 8, tho (Defamation) and have already dealt with "actual malice" in 2 other classes (Con Law II and Entertainment Law) under NY Times v. Sullivan, so those cards should go pretty fast. I really have to move over to Crim Pro tomorrow, tho, if I'm going to effectively study it before the Friday final. The good news about BOTH of this weeks finals is that they are in the afternoon (thank you!) which is so much easier for me. (a) I don't have to worry about oversleeping (tho I have found a nifty Wake Up call service) and (b) I can study on the day of the final a little bit.

The plan is to finish the Torts Flash Cards tomorrow morning and then move over to Crim Pro in the afternoon and then back to Torts II in the evening/Tues Morning. He's giving us a 3 hour final even tho, technically, it's only supposed to be 2 hours since it's only a 2 unit class. UGH.

I am so tired of studying, I can barely stay awake. I actually fell asleep on the couch today for an hour while studying Torts. I think I'm going to make a few more flash cards and then head off to the sack, so I can get up at a decent time tomorrow morning. At least these are interesting Torts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home