Injustice for All

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Beginning of the End

I made it thru the oral part of my Eth Law final and have spent the last 4 days working on the Memo and Client Letter portion with my partner. We worked all day Friday, Saturday and yesterday and then a little bit more this morning (tweaking). The two docs are in a good place; tho, were we to have another week, I'm sure they could have been even better.

I am a little annoyed because some of the other Eth Lawyering classes only had to do the Memo and had 2 weeks to do it! Not sure why we got screwed. Making us do a 20 page writing assignment in the last week of classes before finals, pretty much assures that we are NOT studying for finals during that week. LAME.

It could be worse, tho. A girl in my Biz Ass class was bemoaning the fact that she has finals on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th + a paper due on the 13th. Gah. My schedule ain't THAT bad. I have finals on the 3rd, 4th, 10th & 13th. I am annoyed, tho, because a friend of mine works for XL Recordings and will be at Coachella this year for her client, M.I.A. and I could have gone with the "hook up." Bauhaus is playing and I've had a thing for Peter Murphy since I was 17. But, being somewhat responsible and realizing this is my career we are talking about here, I'm begging off. Liz has promised to take me out for a steak dinner at some point on the corp dime, tho, since M.I.A. will be on Jimmy Kimmel next week.

I'm in my usual freakout mode on this, the last official day of classes. I have so much to do and study and it all seems so overwhelming. I went to Staples yesterday to stock up on paper, 3M tabs and a wrist support. I forgot to get some ink cartridges for the printer, tho, which I will have to do when I take my notes over for binding. I just put in a new one today, tho, so should last me thru at least a couple of outlines.

I still don't have a "real" job this summer. As soon as finals are over, I have to get KICKIN on the Professors research project which is due on June 15. I see some long days ahead of me. I have a wedding in Chicago at the end of June and would love to get a clerk job (even part time) that starts in July and continues into the school year. My friend, Sarah, is going to talk to an Entertainment lawyer friend of hers who just moved from a big firm to a smaller one (taking his high profile clients with him) to see if he can used any help. You never know. Can't hurt to talk to him. Otherwise, I'll probably just keep an eye on the job board.

I've been attempting to balance school and a new love and it's difficult. Made more difficult by the new love's personal baggage (read: divorce) and him not wanting to "burden" me during finals. Yesterday, the freakout over finals and school combined with the personal freakout and made for a very messy spycygrl. There was sobbing...drinking...and a hot shower at midnite. I feel slightly better today, but I know that I really need to go to the gym tomorrow and work some of this crap out of my psyche.

Well...off to my last day of class for 2L!!!! Mazel tov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home