Injustice for All

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Sorry about my suckage

I realized I haven't updated this in FOREVER. I have, however, been updating my PERSONAL blog like a fiend. Because those are the bits of my existence which have been truly tasty of late. But since I have vowed to not mix business and oh so much pleasure (due to future employers who might not look kindly on my blog voyeurism), good old Injustice for All has been getting short shrift.

Lessee...the Cliff Notes:
1) Called Ian "my boyfriend"
2) Told fellow classmates we were dating
3) Broke up w/Ian about 2 weeks later to be "friends with benefits"
4) Went to Vegas on Spring Break with fellow law student
5) Got kickass massage in Vegas and met a great bartender named Paul
6) Didn't do as well on second Ethical Lawyering practice round ("Counseling"), in fact...failed to get to resolution!
7) Co-hosted (OutLaw) a St. Patrick's day Turf Club with the Catholic Law Society. I made a mix cd of Irish music (mostly Pogues and Flogging Molly). Whole thing was a huge hit.
8) Went to Ian's birthday party on the dreaded West Side. My opinion of the West Side only declined further.
9) Ran into old crush from 10 years ago at a local bar
10) Had expensive French dinner with Ian and then officially, totally broke up with him (a little inspired by old, now renewed, crush)
11) Accepted Research Asst. job for my favorite professor
12) Interviewed with and was never called back by an IP firm
13) Have now seen old crush 2 weekends in a row for HUGE periods of romance time and am loving life. Cute, funny, sexy, talented, brilliant, silly, sweet, kind, loving. ::swoon::
14) Contracted horrible head cold from crush
15) Coughed myself into severe back pain last nite and had to miss Business Associations because I couldn't get out of bed. Ouch.
16) Haven't started Prof project yet thanks to head cold/backache and impending Ethical Lawyering oral final.
17) Burnt out on law school
18) Used handy ABA discount to garner sweet hotel rate for friend's wedding in Chicago in June
19) Realized 10% ABA discount on airfare still more than booking thru the American Airlines website.
20) Finished Nick Hornby's Polysyllabic Spree (I recommend it wholeheartedly)
21) Am freaking out that there are 3 weeks left of class before finals start.
22) Might take job at labor law firm in San Pedro. (at least Bukowski spent some time there)
23) Had a little crying breakdown last nite that maybe I'm not cut out to be a lawyer. This happens around this point in each semester.

Ok...now you're all caught up. I am a complete insomniac right now and am actually going to read MORE Crim Pro to try to become tired. Who knows if it will work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home