Injustice for All

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Club Dread

In just two hours, I will be sitting with my pencil poised ready to tackle my Ethical Lawyering final. I finished my flash cards on Sunday nite and literally spent the ENTIRE day yesterday doing the practice questions in our book. They are those long, rambling multiple choice questions that take a full minute and a half to read and another minute almost to answer. Also, because I remember things by writing them out, I began by writing out all the questions AND answers AND the correct answers. By about halfway through, I was only writing out the answers and the book answers. I hope it will also help me study for the MPRE in August.

The bad thing about the book practice questions is that, despite being called California Legal Ethics, the questions only dealt with the Model Rules. I honestly don't see why they didn't go the extra step and give the difference in the CA rule where applicable in the answer explanation, since I'm going to be tested on that and the bar exam tests on that in essay form. Lame.

I still can't believe how long it took me to do all those questions. There were 7 - 8 questions per chapter and 14 chapters, tho...so I guess it adds up. I also had to break to (a) shower, (b) go to the grocery store and (c) hang out with P for 2 hours watching a live Radiohead DVD -- which was the best part of my day, hands down.

Since no computers are required for this exam, I'm heading over a little early and will probably sit in my car and do my yoga breathing to calm myself. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to do on this exam. I did OK on the practice questions (tho some were harder than you can imagine). The only good news is that it's only 50% of my grade. But I don't feel amazingly confident in my oral or my paper, either. Oh, well. Not much I can do about that now!

If you are somewhere reading this between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and noon PDT, send smart Ethical thoughts my way, would ya?

As soon as I get out of the exam, I basically have to rush home and finish my Bus Assoc outline for tomorrow. I don't even know how late I can get that thing bound at Staples, so gotta call about that. I hope I can finish it. Oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home