Injustice for All

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Alex @ The Staples on Santa Monica/Vermont is totally my hero. I finished my Bus.Assoc. outline at approximately 8 p.m. and then FOUGHT with shitty MS Word trying to add the Table of Contents for 20 min. I hate that program. I don't know whomever programmed that crap, but when I add a Table of Contents, I really don't want my entire OUTLINE numbering system changed!

Who would want to do that? ever????!

So, after 5 min of printing, I skidded to the Staples only to have Alex tell me he couldn't do it for me. I started asking people where the nearest Kinko's was and Alex said "hold on. I'll do it for you." and he did. I love him. He was so swamped with like a million jobs back there that apparently someone else had dropped off late and I cannot thank him enough. I was so stressed out, he must've seen the fear in my eyes. Of course, while he was binding my outline, some crazy freak made me read some newspaper article about how blacks and latinos shouldn't move up to the Antelope Valley because it's just white farmers up there and there isn't the right kind of healthcare for the types of "problems black and latino babies have." I mentioned that maybe the State could create an incentive program to lure better doctors up there with the right credentials, rather than shunning those communities and he actually said "Those sensitives don't work. They take money." ack.

I came home and fed my cat some baby food (her poor stomach has been horrible today and I figured baby food is made to be gentle on baby tummies). I just have to tab my outline and then I'm ready to get some sleep and get up EARLY for the exam which starts at 9 a.m. tomorrow and goes until 1:00 p.m.

I feel Ok about most of the stuff I learned in Bus Assoc, but have to admit being kind of shaky on the proxy stuff. I missed a few classes toward the end. BLEAH.
I'm really pretty nervous about this exam. And will be glad to go out to dinner with Liz tomorrow nite and be study-free for ONE nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home